Sunday 23 November 2014

TUTORIAL: Winter Date Night Makeup ❄

Hi everyone! In my Edinburgh travels post, I included a picture of my makeup that I'd wore to go out whilst I was there. I received so many compliments on it so I thought I'd do a tutorial of how I created the look. It featured a bronzed smoky eye and a deep, red lipstick. I absolutely love this look. I feel so confident when my makeup's like this because it's so bold and ahhh I just love it! Anyways, enough rambling, here's the look:



Face/Base
1) First, I apply this Smashbox primer all over my face so my makeup will last throughout the night.
2) I then use my Real Techniques foundation brush to apply Tom Ford's traceless perfecting foundation. This foundation is so amazing. It has amazing coverage and feels fab on my skin. It's quite pricey though so it only makes an appearance on special occasions.
3) I finish off my base makeup by using a Sephora powder brush to sweep this Dior powder all over my face.




Contour
1) I apply a Collection concealer in a v shape under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose and on any blemishes and blend it in with my Real Techniques foundation brush. Doing this brightens the skin in duller areas and works like a highlighter.
2) Then, I apply Benefit's hoola with a Sephora angled brush under my cheek bones. I blend it out with a Real Techniques blusher brush so the line isn't as harsh and unnatural. Hoola is a really good bronzer to use if you want a natural, bronzed look on your cheeks (well under).
3) I apply Benefit's high beam on top of my cheek bones and blend just using my finger. 
4) To finish contouring, I use Benefit's high brow under my eyebrows to give my brows a lifted and arched effect.



Eyes
1) Using the Naked 2 Pallette by Urban Decay, I pat the shade 'Suspect' all over my lids using the flat end of the Naked 2 brush.
2) Next, I apply the shade 'Snakebite' in the creases and outsides of my lids using the fluffier side of the Naked 2 brush.
3) The, using a small eyeshadow brush, I take the shade 'Busted' and do an angled flick/line from the outer corner of my eyes in the direction of my outer brow. Then I curve it round into the crease of my lid, taking it about halfway in.
4) I apply 'Booty Call' in the inner corners of my eyes also to brighten them up a bit.
5) BLEND! I use a Real Techniques eyeshadow blending brush. Make sure you blend thoroughly. Unblended eyeshadow is not a good look.
5) I apply Rimmel's scandal eyes pen liner on my top lid and just a pencil liner under my eyes, going about half way in. I also use the blending brush to blend the pencil eyeliner.
6) I apply lots of Rimmel's scandal eyes mascara on both my top and bottom lashes. I blink into the mascara brush to give my lashes extra thickness and length.
7) I colour my brows in using a Topshop brow pencil and give them a brush to shape them.






Finishing Touches
1) I use Diva by Mac all over my lips. I love this lipstick. It adds to the dark eyes and it's a gorgeous shade for winter.
2) Finally, I set my makeup by using Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray to help my makeup stay on even longer.



I hope you've all enjoyed this tutorial! If you want to see any makeup looks, let me know in the comments below! Also, if you've recreated this look, upload a picture and tag me in it- 
Twitter: @jordandnixon
Instagram: @jordandakotaa

Jordan x











SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Wow so jealous of your collection. Need so much more benefit in my life, especially hoola!

    Where is your jumper from? I'm obsessed.

    Chloe // chloexlogan.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

© JORDAN DAKOTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig