Wednesday 4 February 2015

London / Miss Selfridge SS15 Event

London is my most favourite place in the world; everything about it is just perfect and I feel like I belong there. I love cities: the shopping, the lifestyle and most of all, the opportunities. Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend the Miss Selfridge SS15 Collection Launch event. This was my first ever blogger event, so as you can imagine, I was a big ball of nerves. So, I popped down to the heart of the UK to go to the event where I got to see the gorgeous new collection and meet some lovely people.


I headed down to London from Newcastle on Tuesday afternoon. The journey took about 3 and a half hours but I had my Glamour magazine and salted caramel latte to keep me company. Actually, I really enjoy travelling; it's kind of therapeutic.


I arrived quite late but not too late that I couldn't do a spot of shopping - so that's exactly what I did! Of course, it's necessary that when in London, you simply must go to Harrods - there's no question about it. Harrods is a heavenly place full of dreams (literally). However, I am a student and can't, and probably never will, be able to afford half of the stuff in there, so it was just a look about. If you're visiting London, I definitely recommend going to Harrods. It's such a pretty building at night, too.
I also looooove looking at all the scrummy looking cakes in the patisserie's. There's nothing like that up in Newcastle so I had to take full advantage. 
Me and my Aunty then went for dinner at Bella Italia to finish the day, which was lovely.








The next day, before the event, I had some time to kill so I thought I might as well do some more browsing along Oxford Street/Regent Street. Last time I was in London, I didn't dare step into any of the designer shops because I was wearing converse and felt too poor, but this time I looked half decent so I grew some balls and went in - also managed to get some cheeky snaps too. I am so in love with everything Burberry. The store was my heaven on Earth; multiple floors of pure beauty. I am 100% sure that my first major investment will be something from Burberry. I spotted a gorgeous little pink bag and I've also been dying for one of the famous trench coat's (pictured below) for months. One day, I swear! I also popped into Karl Lagerfeld and fell in love with the bags. I was expecting them to be extortionately priced, but they were rather reasonable - I say reasonable however they were still quite pricey but cheaper than other brands like Mulberry etc. So, I now have one of them popped down on my wish list. I really need more bags anyways so it'd be acceptable to buy one since I've been using the same, old one for God knows how long now!






I then headed off to the event at the gorgeous space known as 19 Greek Street. It was a lovely, chic building just off Soho square. Here was my OOTD:
 Turtle Neck from Missguided
Coated Joni Jeans from Topshop
Heeled Boots from New Look
Faux Fur Jacket from Miss Selfridge
Bag from H&M
I walked into a room full of one of the most gorgeous collections I have ever seen. What I loved mostly was that there was so much variety, from floral two pieces to suede skirts, crocheted bralets to embellished dresses. Miss Selfridge has a niche for creating pieces I love. I think I wanted everything there! The collection truly was amazing. They channeled many different trends such as the popular 70's trend consisting of suede and mini dresses, and festival fashion including the likes of crochet and fringed bags. In the words of Miss Selfridge, the collection is described as, "Clean lines and minimal shapes sit alongside dreamy, gypset pieces and heavy embroidery. Artisanal prints and embroidery lend themselves to co-ordinates and pretty sun dresses, creating wanderlust. Denim is updated - just jeans will no longer do. Festival styling is sewn up with crochet shift dresses and lace Bardot playsuits. Fringed suede jackets and playsuits pave the way to the 70's". The colour scheme for the collection was mainly neutrals, including beige's, browns and whites, but there were also lots of more eccentric pieces including a yellow co-ordinate and many khaki coloured pieces. The jewellery featured was also full of detail and elegance with a boho chic feel.








At the event, I also got the chance to give tie-dying a go thanks to the lovely ladies at Dylon. It felt as if the 70's was being brought back as I created my very own blue tie-dyed tee. It was such a fun experience, even though mine was a bit pants!


I had such a great time at the event and the collection was just stunning. Thank you so much to the PR girls at Miss Selfridge for inviting me!

The full SS15 collection will be released soon and I suggest you get your hands on it quick as I can just tell they'll sell out so quickly. I know I will be!

Jordan x


Like my Facebook page here




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JORDAN DAKOTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig