Wednesday 8 June 2016

NYX Haul: First Impressions


NYX has been a popular brand amongst American Youtubers and Bloggers so when I heard that a concession was opening up in Boots, I was very excited. I love finding new brands and testing out their makeup. I was originally only going to pick up one of the Lingerie lipsticks but I ended up getting a few bits more - I couldn't resist. The prices were really good so it was hard not to buy more. Another great thing about NYX, is that it's cruelty free!! If you read my blog, you know I'm all about cruelty free beauty so I was really happy when I saw the words on the packaging.


The first and most exciting hyped up item I got was the Lingerie lipstick in the shade 'Corset'. I also got a matching lipliner which was in the shade 'Nude Suede Shoes'. I especially love the formulation of this lipstick because it's not as dry as a liquid lipstick but it's still matte. The colour is really neutral with a tint of mauve so it looks great with any makeup look. I can't wait to get more of these lipsticks because I really love them.


Next is the XXL Lush Lashes Mascara. There were so many mascaras to choose from at NYX but I ended up going for this one because I liked the brush. You can't really see but it's really chunky and has a ball shape at the end for your lower lashes. It's great for adding both volume and length.


The only thing I wasn't really impressed with was this HD Studio Finishing Powder. It's more like talc rather than a powder so as soon as you put it on your brush, it's so light that it flies away. I wanted to get this for baking my makeup but I can't get it to stay on a brush let alone my face. I wouldn't recommend this product.


Next is the HD concealer in the shade 02 - I usually get the lightest shade but it was out of stock and I really needed some concealer. This concealer is pretty good and application is easy which I like. I've found it great for covering up blemishes. It's good for lightening under the eyes but sometime's I find it's too dry to do that. I'd still recommend it for covering any blemishes.


Like the mascaras, there were a lot of brow products to choose from, too. I spent ages looking at them but I chose this 'Micro Brow Pencil' one in the end as it came with a spooly brush and it was nice and compact for travelling. I got this in the shade chocolate. I really enjoy this brow pencil even though I'm used to using powders or wax. It gives a nice natural brow which is good for a simple, daytime look.


Finally is this gorgeous eyeshadow in the shade 'Showgirl'. I don't know what possessed me to buy another copper eyeshadow as I already have hundreds, but I did. It's a really pigmented colour and it's great for a copper smoky eye. I can't say too much about it as it's just a simple eyeshadow, but I really love it and I'm excited to use it.

So that's what I bought from NYX. What do you think of their products?

Jordan x 






SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I really hope Nyx will come to a store near me soon as I have been dying to get my hands on the Lingerie Lipsticks! They just looks so beautiful. It's a shame about the powder though, but great post! :)

    Shannon | http://www.shannonkims.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What foundation do you use? Your skin always looks amaze!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I use Makeup Forever HD foundation x

      Delete

© JORDAN DAKOTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig