Wednesday 1 June 2016

Urban Decay Alice In Wonderland Palette Review


Hi everyone, so today, as the title suggests, I'm reviewing the highly anticipated Alice In Wonderland Palette by Urban Decay. It's been sought after by makeup lovers everywhere for its unique design and bold colours - but is it as good as it's been made out to be?



So inside the mystical box is a mirror and an opening which reveals a butterfly - a nice touch but to be honest, I find it takes up a lot of space and would just prefer to open the doors to the eyeshadow. The makeup actually slides out the bottom and 20 pans are revealed. There's an eclectic range of colours to choose from: ranging from magenta to teal. There's a strong mix of matte and shimmer eyeshadows.


The palette comes with the signature Urban Decay double ended brush - one side for the crease and/or blending, and one for inner corners and highlighting under the brow. Both brushes have impressed me so far and the bristles are nice and soft.


Starting with the first half of the colours - these are the ones I've been wearing the least. However, I really love 'Lily' because you think it'll be a shimmery, white colour to highlight with but it's actually got pink undertones and it's quite nice to use in your inner corners. I was really disappointed with 'Dream On' because it looks so amazing and pigmented in the pan but as you can see by the swatch - it's not. I've also been using reflection and duchess which are a lot more pigmented when on the eye.


These are the colours I can talk about a lot more as I've been using them to death. I love orange's so 'Paradox' is a dream. There's also so many brown shades to choose from so I haven't been short of choices for my crease. My favourite colour out of this palette is 'Salazen Grum' which is a gorgeous pink/red toned shimmery eyeshadow. It's so gorgeous and pigmented on. I wear this shade most days and I like to pair it with either 'Royal Flush' or 'Lily' in my inner corners. 

I was going to get some snaps of some looks using this palette but my camera just isn't high quality enough for it so instead here's some looks I've found on Pinterest which you can recreate:



Overall I'd rate this palette a 9/10. I love the colours and the application. It's also good value for money considering you get 20 colours - more than usual from Urban Decay. However, the size of it is a little inconvenient as it doesn't fit in any sort of makeup bag and you have to carry it separately which is quite annoying.

The palette is currently sold out online but check your local Urban Decay for stock!

Thanks for reading, 
What do you think of this palette?

Jordan x 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JORDAN DAKOTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig