Sunday 27 July 2014

Garden Party Ootn

The Sun is eventually starting to make an appearance here in the North-East. Over the past couple of weeks the weather has been glorious here! So, what better way to say hello to the Summer than to go to a garden party? This weekend, I attended one with lots of my amazing friends. I had a fab time and enjoyed spending time with the people I love. 

Dress-Topshop
Unfortunately, this colour is no longer available at Topshop but other colours in similar styles can be found here

I opted for a maxi dress as it wasn't a formal event but I still wanted to dress up. It was far too hot for jeans/pants and my legs were too sunburnt for shorts or a short dress so I thought a maxi dress would be perfect. The colour itself isn't very summery or bright but I picked this up in the sale a while ago and the material is very airy therefore great for Summer.
I paired it with some studded black dolly shoes from Primark, a long necklace and some big sunglasses because nothing says Summer like big sunglasses! 
As the night went on, obviously the temperatures fell but the length of the dress kept me at a nice temperature whereas I'd be too cold in anything shorter. Later on, though, I did add a long sleeved denim jacket from Primark which went really nice. Denim jackets go wonderfully with maxi dresses and really compliment them. Another of my Summer staples!



Jordan x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JORDAN DAKOTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig