Thursday 31 July 2014

Trend: Summer Prints

We're over a month into Summer now and the weather is bliss in England which is a shock. So, obviously you have to dress for the weather and wear bright, bold things to match it because there's nothing worse than wearing Winter colours and print in the middle of Summer. Summer prints are all over the shops right now and I absolutely love them. They're so vivid and eye-catching. I've noticed that it's mostly striking floral and leaf prints that are in style right now and they're really popular. There's such a eclectic range of these prints too so it's never hard to find what you're looking for. So, here's a few of my favourite Summer prints from a variety of shops.
Cami Swing Dress £24.99 - buy here
Cami Top £9.99 - buy here
Skater Skirt £14.99 - buy here

Wow, Missguided have really upped their game with their Summer collection. It's called "Tropicool" which can be found here. I'm lusting over this collection right now. There's such a variety and it was really hard to choose which ones to put on the blog. 
The swing dress has a mixture of bold and pastel colours which makes it so unique...and I love the cute little pom-poms at the bottom too. The print is super girly and it goes great with the dress which is very loose so it will keep you cool in the heat. This dress is so sweet and feminine.
The top is super bold and stands out. The colour is so amazing. I love the rich green- it's such a powerful colour and looks amazing on white. It really gives an outfit a boost and livens it up.
I love the soft print on the skirt. It's more of a subtle print with subdued colours which give it a romantic feel. It'd look great day time or night time and can work in many ways and give many different feels. I'd wear this skirt with a white tucked-in blouse and some soft-pink sandals.

Playsuit £48 - buy here
Joggers £35 - buy here

Unfortunately, I didn't find that Topshop had a wide range of Summery prints this year which was disappointing but I did manage to find a couple of things from their Pacific Life collection which can be browsed here. Topshop can be quite pricey but I definitely think that the quality and prints of the items live up to a good standard. I also think that they, especially these two pieces, look quite expensive and high fashion for being made for a high-street brand.
This playsuit is to die for! I've seen so many people wearing this and I just love it. There's so much to it; the bandeau top, the skort with the split in the middle, the colours, the print... just everything about it stands out. I'm dying to buy this item (in hope that I can pull it off) because it's just my favourite thing in the shops right now. I've never really been in to playsuits much but this one is gorgeous and would work perfectly with the right footwear and accessories. It also features the bold green colour that has been used by Missguided too which just pops.
I like the joggers style that is about right now but I think the right pair is hard to find as some can give off a casual, laid-back but stylish look and then some can just make you look as if you've left the house forgetting to change out your pyjama pants. So, these joggers are very hit and miss but these one's are really nice. I have no idea but for me, they give off an oriental feel. I don't know if that's just me or if that was the aim... These joggers would be great on a cooler day paired with a vest top or tee and some sandals or trainers.

Swimsuit £30 - buy here
Tribal Bikini Top (top right) £16 - buy here
Floral Bikini Top (bottom right) £16 - buy here

River Island's Summer prints vary from other shops and they don't really stick to one or few styles throughout their collection. They don't feature their prints on much clothing, either but mostly on swimwear. The holiday collection can be found here. However, I'm not complaining. Who doesn't want to look great and stylish in a bikini or swimsuit? There's so many different prints that aren't available elsewhere and they suit many moods and characters from a floral grunge look, to edgy aztec to girly floral. With River Island, there's something for everyone and you're bound to find something no matter what your style is. Another thing I love about the bikini's from RI is that the majority feature a padded, busty top to give you that extra little lift which is fabulous for people like me with not much in the chest area. 

Prints are a great way to liven up an outfit and bring out character. They don't have to be expensive but can make a huge difference and floral and palm ones, especially are brilliant for Summer. Look out for pieces that are bold, eye-catching and unique and you're bound to make a statement. 

Jordan x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JORDAN DAKOTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig